10 most popular vans and pick-ups in the UK right now
December 18, 2017 at 3:07 PM
Despite new registrations of light commercial vehicles (LCV) falling more than 11% month-on-month in November 2017, the third consecutive month fall for the new van market, the van market is still performing well above its worst performing years. Here are the 10 most popular vans in the UK right now.
November 2017 saw just 26,486 new vans and pick-ups registered on UK roads according to figures released by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT). Whilst all segments within the LCV market fell, demand for smaller vans (under 2tonnes) was worst hit - down 21.7% compared to November 2016.
Mike Hawes, SMMT chief executive, said: “While the market decline is worrying, it remains at a historically high level. Nevertheless, economic and political uncertainty continues to affect business confidence and with it new van purchasing patterns which is damaging, both for the market and for efforts to improve air quality."
So far in 2017, 334,133 new vans have been registered on UK roads. When looking at year-to-date figures for new LCV registrations so far for 2017, the market is 4.1% down compared to the same time last year. The only segments of the LCV market demonstrating positive growth YTD are pick-ups (+7.9%) and vans between 2-2.5tonne (+3.0%).
Here's a rundown of the most popular vans in November 2017:
- Ford Transit Custom (3,501 sold)
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (2,142 sold)
- Ford Transit (2,018 sold)
- Volkswagen Transporter (1,825 sold)
- Ford Transit Connect (1,733 sold)
- Vauxhall Vivaro (1,549 sold)
- Ford Ranger (1,127 sold)
- Peugeot Partner (1,193 sold)
- Citroen Berlingo (1,009 sold)
- Peugeot Boxer (881 sold)
... and the most popular vans in 2017 so far, compared to their 2016 registrations figures:
- Ford Transit Custom (47,105 sold) | - (49,744 sold)
- Ford Transit (25,388 sold) | - (29,965 sold)
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (21,088 sold) | ↑ from 4th (21,966 sold)
- Volkswagen Transporter (19,988 sold) | ↑ from 5th (21,526 sold)
- Ford Transit Connect (18,400 sold) | ↑ from 6th (15,494 sold)
- Vauxhall Vivaro (17,648 sold) | ↓ from 3rd (22,791 sold)
- Peugeot Partner (13,938 sold) | ↑ from 9th (14,038 sold)
- Peugeot Boxer (13,223 sold) | NEW
- Citroen Berlingo (13,047 sold) | ↓ from 8th (14,625 sold)
- Ford Ranger (11,885 sold) | - (13,292 sold)
Back to all Blogs